Mares engineers designed the Atlas Adj 62X regulator with the most extreme conditions in mind. The all-metal second stage offers high thermo-conductivity, making it one of the best-performing regulators, even for cold water diving. Particularly durable, it is designed to meet the requirements of the most demanding diving environments.
With performance standards that exceed expectations at 200m and proven technology at 400m, the Atlas Adj 62X is ready to live up to the high standards divers have come to expect from Mares regulators.
The new 62X TBP first stage is the first from Mares to be equipped with a dual piston, anti-freeze kit. The 62X first stage is also equipped with AST (Auto Sealing Technology), which protects against water entering the first stage, and uses a DFC (Dynamic Flow Control) system which ensures high, constant airflow.
The main features of the 62X first stage are:
- A T.B.P. system for improved performance during cold water dives
- A DFC LP port for high air flow at any depth
- A.S.T. technology to prevent water entry
- Pre-oriented LP and HP ports
- A compact diaphragm first stage
- A pearl chrome finish
The new Atlas second stage features a PAD (Pneumatically Assisted Design) system in combination with a VAD (Vortex Assisted Design) system patented by Mares. This synergy allows for high airflow, offering smooth, comfortable breathing at all depths and in extreme temperatures. With no moving parts inside the bypass, the potential formation of ice crystals when diving in cold water is not a problem.
The Atlas second stage is equipped with a large, pivoting purge button and a knob for easy adjustment of breathing comfort, even when wearing gloves. The Atlas regulator uses a Superflex low-pressure hose which, thanks to its light weight and flexibility, guarantees high comfort during use.
The main features of the Atlas second stage are:
- All Metal technology
- A V.A.D. system for natural breathing at any depth
- Adjustable breathing comfort to meet the diver’s needs
- P.A.D. – Pneumatically Assisted Design; the second stage valve is designed and manufactured for pneumatic operation, minimising the spring load and, consequently, inhalation effort
- A large, pivoting exhaust button which is easy to use, even with thick gloves
- High airflow
- A Superflex hose