What will you learn?
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn.
During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask Scuba Evolution about earning credit.
What scuba gear will you use?
Besides your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a compass and underwater slate. Scuba Evolution may suggest other gear that may help with your searches, such as a dive light, marker buoys, lines and reels.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Scuba Evolution to enroll in the course and get your materials. Start to study using the PADI Search and Recovery manual. Your PADI Instructor will then meet with you to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your Search and Recovery dives.