- Extremely lightweight: GHOST is one of the lightest sets on the market. You’ll save on excess baggage fees.
- Perfect underwater trim: The wing holds you easily in the perfect horizontal trim.
- Fast drying after dive: Fast drying materials ensure a quick lightweight carry home.
- Minimised drag: Streamlined to reduce drag, effort and thereby save gas and energy in your dive.
- Extremely comfortable harness: NX Ultralight harness provides freedom, comfort and security. It is also very easy to don and doff.
- Increased comfort: Because the load is spread over a larger area, whether being towed behind a scooter or head down in a cave or wreck, you will appreciate the innovation.
- Increased stability: The V is formed by two slots at the bottom of the back plate, allowing the straps to run from wide to central. This ensures a balance stopping any movement of the system to the side and achieving security and stability.
- Double the clip off points: The NX Series V-strap has two rear D-Rings set off to each side. This allows easier access to clipped off equipment such as reels and bags etc., in contrast to the traditional centre single ring which is often difficult to reach.
- Streamlined for minimum drag: The ability to streamline the diver’s body and equipment in the water has significant advantages. Low drag reduces the effort needed to move through the water. The less effort, the better our gas consumption and the more time we get on our underwater adventure.
The GHOST was designed to be completely streamlined, staying tight to the divers body and cylinder. Effort is reduced, enjoyment of the dive is enhanced.
Inspired by technical divers
Technical divers will almost exclusively use wing style BC systems. A wing will hold you horizontal in the water, achieving that awesome and flat trim position that enhances safety, improves gas consumption and team awareness. Oh, and looks cool!
Accept no less on your recreational scuba dives. We have obsessed over the GHOST’s geometry for 2 years to make diving in perfect trim easy and effortless. Your first dive in the GHOST will inspire you.
Safe and Comfortable at the Surface
Wing systems for recreational diving have a reputation for pushing your face down at the surface, not the GHOST. The upper part of the wing is intentionally smaller than other single cylinder wings to prevent you being pushed forwards. The GHOST maximises it’s small size and provides significant lift of over 17 litres of buoyancy. The design ensures that just about all the BCD lift is kept underwater when you are upright at the surface. Whatever the conditions you will be supported safely and comfortably above the water.
Complete Underwater Freedom of Movement
Diving puts a smile on our face for many reasons, but the feeling of freedom and weightlessness are high on the list. The last thing you want is to be hitting your head on the first stage of the regulator because of the tank valve position. If you move the tank down your back, then trim and comfort are compromised and your smile is gone. The GHOST is the only BCD wing system that allows you to adjust the relationship between the cylinder, the wing and the tank adaptor to ensure perfect freedom. The scope of the movement possible means that anyone, from large to petite can dive in comfort. Enjoy the freedom to look around and enjoy the sights of our underwater world in perfect trim.
Single tank adaptor Simplicity, improved
A classic and simple design with characteristic XDEEP touches to elevate the single tank adaptor to a new level. Cylinder mounting straps can be moved quickly and easily as a result of the NX Series design. Setting up for a dive and ensuring a customised and personalised system has never been more straightforward.
Easy On, Easy Off
Overcoming the donning and doffing challenges that standard backplate and harness systems present, whilst maintaining the great fit these systems provide, was a satisfying challenge to overcome.
We simply increased the length between the shoulder straps anchoring points by 20% making the harness easier to put on. Buckling the harness waistbelt and pulling tight also pulls the shoulder straps down snug to the body. Close the waist buckle and you are in a perfectly fitted system.
Neutrally buoyant 3D Mesh padding
The NX Series harness uses our innovative 3D mesh for padding. This ensures comfort and safety as the padding helps the system mould to your body and prevents the BCD sliding around on your back during the dive. You can be comfortable in anything from a drysuit to board shorts and a T shirt. Critically there is no compression of the 3D mesh and therefore no change in its buoyancy at depth. You can weight yourself perfectly with confidence.
V-shaped crotch strap
The NX Series harness is equipped with totally new V-shaped crotch strap. The V shape is more comfortable, eliminating often uncomfortable single strap. By spreading the load in and out of the water, the V strap is a real step change forward. Long scooters become a pleasure and even large capacity twinsets and multiple stages will not become unstable.
Perfect Weight Distribution
Significant advantages in trim and balance can be gained by moving weight pockets up the body, off the hips and keeping them closer to the cylinder. The NX Series harness achieves this goal with a carefully calculated placement of the pockets. No longer will you feel the lead dragging you down into a seahorse position. Our system presents a major step forward in diving weight distribution for all women divers’ needs. It will take the weight off the hips and you will feel better supported by the system.
Modular weight system
To truly be at one with your equipment, your weight system must be perfectly balanced, be secure and easy to configure and use. The modular weight system in the NX series means you can confine your weight belt to history. Tailor your weight distribution for the diving you are doing. From a couple of kilos needed in the warm sun, to the extra lead needed in cold water diving, you can select the pockets that best suit your needs.
50% LIGHTER, 100% TOUGH
We set out to challenge ourselves with the GHOST. We wanted the lightest wing system in the world, we wanted it to be as tough as any double shell wing.
Traditional solutions using plastic backplates do not have the robustness needed. New thinking and new materials technology provided the answers. The GHOST is incredibly light and unbelievably tough.