- 23 kg of lift and reduced drag: PROJECT’s optimised shape with minimal dead air spaces gives significantly less drag and superb lift.
- Easy access to the valves : The carefully designed upper wing helps with reaching the cylinder valves – improving your safety.
- Straightforward and durable: The NX harness is a single, no break harness, completely failure proof.
- Comfortable high stability harness: The NX harness distributes your equipment load evenly, the “V” shape crotch strap preventing sideways movement and enhancing comfort when scootering.
- Increased Comfort: Because the load is spread over a larger area, whether being towed behind a scooter or head down in a cave or wreck, you will appreciate the innovation.
- Increased stability: The V is formed by two slots at the bottom of the back plate, allowing the straps to run from wide to central. This ensures a balance stopping any movement of the system to the side and achieving security and stability.
- Double the clip off points: The NX Series V-strap has two rear D-Rings set off to each side. This allows easier access to clipped off equipment such as reels and bags etc., in contrast to the traditional centre single ring which is often difficult to reach.
Taking the traditional wing system to new heights: If it works why change? Because good is not good enough for XDEEP. We wanted to deconstruct the traditional wing and backplate, knowing it works, but realizing we can make it a lot better. Every element in the NX PROJECT has been developed to perfection, with no compromises in the pursuit of excellence.
Greater lift with less drag
The NX PROJECT has sufficient lift to support multiple stage diving with ease, managing to achieve this in a tightly streamlined profile. This narrower profile reduces drag, easing your resistance and effort through the water, improving gas consumption and reducing the chance of entanglement.
Unrestricted access to valves and perfect hose routing
In an emergency situation every second counts so easy access to your valves is critical. As the NX inflator design is so compact, the upper wing size can be reduced and there is no impediment to quick and easy shutdowns. In addition, the extra space allows for straight and tidy hose routing. Even when fully inflated the NX wing will not pressure or bend your hoses.
Stability at the surface
When you are at the surface, the majority of the wing is still underwater, providing lift. Even with several stage bottles you feel 100% safe and supported in a higher out of the water position than traditional designs. Comfort during pre-dive S-drills or waiting for your boat in a choppy sea is greatly enhanced.
Small changes can make a big difference
The simple direct connection to the wing greatly improves air flow in and out of the wing. As a result, buoyancy control is more precise. In addition, the inflator is very responsive, deflating faster than traditional designs.
An ergonomic backplate – at last!
The shape of the classic backplate was originally driven by the road sign it was cut out from, time perhaps for a change. Taking a proper look at the anatomy and structure of the human back, we have reinvented the concept. Enlarging the upper part of the backplate achieves better weight distribution during the dive and removes load form the lumbar region. The lower plate design spreads the load equally well and allows for the optimal attachment of weight pockets and accessories.
The new NX Series back plate is more comfortable, more stable and more protective of your back than any other classic plate.
One piece harness plus full adjustability.
The security of a classic single piece harness is unrivalled, but this has meant sacrificing comfort and adjustability. The NX series harness not only keeps all the positives but also adds a level of comfort and adjustment that the most ardent DIR diver will value.
The backplate harness interface is a completely new design, made possible by the changes to the backplate. When unfastened, the shoulder straps are 20% longer than in a standard one piece making kitting up or kit removal much easier. Tightening the waist buckle, tensions the shoulder straps to provide perfect lift.
V-shaped crotch strap
The NX Series harness is equipped with totally new V shaped crotch strap. The V shape is more comfortable, eliminating often uncomfortable single strap. By spreading the load in and out of the water, the V strap is a real step change forward. Long scooters become a pleasure and even large capacity twinsets and multiple stages will not become unstable.