What will you learn?
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
- Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask Scuba Evolution about earning credit.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll want to use your own mask, fins, snorkel and exposure suit. Scuba Evolution will explain the sidemount equipment you’ll need, such as a BCD and harness configured for sidemount diving along with cylinders, each with a regulator and SPG.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Scuba Evolution to enroll in the course and get your materials. Start to study chapter one using the with the PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver manual. Your PADI Instructor will then meet with you to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your Sidemount Dives.
If technical diving interests you, chapters two and three of your manual apply to the Tec Sidemount Diver course.